[CMake] CTest Subversion support and update handler

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Nov 25 08:46:09 EST 2008

Number Cruncher wrote:
> Okay, I *think* I get that "svn log" is called for "U <file>", i.e.
> updated, but not for "M|C|G <file", where local modifications exist. But
> why is "svn status" called when the file is updated to an older copy?
>

> Number Cruncher wrote:
>> The more I look at the CVS logs for this, the more convinced I am that
>> there's a major bug in the retrieval of log information for modified
>> files.
>>
>> Apologies if my last post was a bit blunt. I'm just a bit disappointed
>> at not having any response to my bug submissions or patches. I'm
>> trying to do my bit for a incredibly useful piece of software. I can't
>> be the only one using SVN and CTest (KDE??). So *please* could someone
>> explain why log or status info is only retrieved for files whose
>> update *isn't* an "M", "C" or "G"????

OK, so I am going to be brutally honest here...  The person that wrote
the CVS/SVN update stuff for CTest is not really working on CMake
anymore.  I suspect you have found a bug that needs fixing.  We do use
svn/CTest on many projects at Kitware.  However, no one has complained
about this bug yet.   It is hard to see.  I have not had the time to
figure out how to answer your questions.   I will get to it at some
point, hopefully soon.

-Bill