[CMake] Finding Boost 1.37 with Cmake 2.6.2 on windows

Gerrick Bivins gbivins at objectreservoir.com
Fri Nov 21 15:16:04 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to use CMake to build one of my utilities and I'm having
problems finding Boost (1.37).

I have a top-level CMakeList.txt file as follows:

##Top level build for myUtilTest

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

project (myUtilTest CXX)

set(CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE TRUE CACHE BOOL "Verbose output" FORCE)

add_subdirectory( ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/src )

#add_subdirectory( ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/include )

#local include directory

include_directories("${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}")

In my src directory I have the following CMakeList.txt file:

#
-----

# Find Boost - it is a required package

#
-----

#include(FindBoost)

find_package(Boost COMPONENTS iostreams filesystem regex system
date_time REQUIRED)

IF (Boost_FOUND)

message("FOUND Boost : ${Boost_LIBRARIES}")

    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS})

    LINK_DIRECTORIES(${Boost_LIBRARY_DIRS})

    ADD_DEFINITIONS(${Boost_LIB_DIAGNOSTIC_DEFINITIONS})

ENDIF (Boost_FOUND)

#
-----

# Find VTK - it is a required package

#
-----

find_package(VTK REQUIRED)

include(${VTK_USE_FILE})

include_directories(${VTK_INCLUDE_DIR})

#local include directory

include_directories("${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}")

file( GLOB SRCS relative . *.cxx )

#create a program executable

add_executable(myUtilTest ${SRCS})

#link

target_link_libraries(myUtilTest vtkCommon vtkRendering vtkGraphics
vtkWidgets vtkParallel vtkIO ${Boost_LIBRARIES})

#install

install (TARGETS myUtilTest

         RUNTIME DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin )

My problem is that boost libraries are never found. When I search for
them on disk via the CMake GUI, after loading them all in and hitting
configure, they are still not found and CMake resets the values to
NOT_FOUND.I'm a noob so this is definitely an issue of "user error" but
I haven't been able to find an example that works. I also googled and
found that there were some issues with FindBoost but it looked like they
may have been resolved.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Gerrick