[CMake] missing OLDNAMES.lib when building for WinCE

Andreas Pokorny andreas.pokorny at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 10:46:10 EST 2008

Hello,
Maybe this is slightly offtopic, but I am playing around again with
WinCE and CMake.
 For some reason I am now running into an issue I never had before,
during the compile
checks I get the following output in CMakeError.log:

Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" failed.
Compiler: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/ce/bin/x86_arm/cl.exe
Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:
2
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50725 for ARM

CMakeCCompilerId.c
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.42

/out:CMakeCCompilerId.exe
CMakeCCompilerId.obj
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OLDNAMES.lib'
and the same again for CMakeCCompilerId.cpp.

Here is the output of CMake:
-- Compiling for WinCE-5.01 ARMV4I
-- Compiling for WinCE-5.01 ARMV4I
-- The C compiler identification is MSVC
-- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC
-- Check for CL compiler version
-- Check for CL compiler version - 1400
-- Check if this is a free VC compiler
-- Check if this is a free VC compiler - yes
-- Check CL platform:
-- Check CL platform: THUMB
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/c
e/bin/x86_arm/cl.exe
CMake Error: Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was: nmake /NOLOG
O  "cmTryCompileExec\fast"
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/c
e/bin/x86_arm/cl.exe -- broken
CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6_patched/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeT
estCCompiler.cmake:32 (MESSAGE):
  The C compiler "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
  8/VC/ce/bin/x86_arm/cl.exe" is not able to compile a simple test program.

  It fails with the following output:

   Change Dir: E:/work/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

  Run Build Command:nmake /NOLOGO "cmTryCompileExec\fast"

  The system cannot find the file specified

  Generator: execution of make failed.  Make command was: nmake /NOLOGO
  "cmTryCompileExec\fast"

  CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:1 (PROJECT)

-- Configuring done

E:\work\build>