[CMake] CTest question...

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 22:14:53 EST 2008

I'd like to build a series of test using the CTest functionality in CMake.
I have added ENABLE_TESTING() to the main CMakeLists, and was hoping to put the tests in their own sub-directories - as follows:

/
/Tests
/Tests/object
/Tests/object/child-objects

I added the Tests directory in the root's CMakeLists.txt. I've created my first test (/Tests/object/objectTest) and tried adding it via ADD_TEST(objectTest ${EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH}/objectTest}) - no parameters needed (as described by http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Testing_With_CTest). However, it's unable to find the test when I run "make test".

Note: I tried doing a MESSAGE() to find out the value of EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH and it seems to be NULL. Is that reall the right variable?

The documentation on ENABLE_TESTING() mentions that CTest expects files in build's root directory. Does that also apply to ADD_TEST()? (no mention in ADD_TEST()'s documentation of this).

Advice appreciated.

TIA,

Ben