[CMake] installing cmake

shoosh moosh babygirl_25 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 14 04:05:48 EST 2008

I'm trying to install cmake. I downloaded it from the cmake.org website. Then I changed the directory to the location of the source. Then I typed ./bootstrap in the terminal and I got this error.

Error when bootstrapping CMake:
Cannot find appropriate C compiler on this system.
Please specify one using environment variable CC.
See cmake_bootstrap.log for compilers attempted.

Log of errors: /home/xxx/CMake/Bootstrap.cmk/cmake_bootstrap.log

I tried typing
CC="gcc" ./bootstrap
but it still didn't work.

Can someone tell me how to fix this error. I'm working on ubuntu.