[CMake] set CPACK_SOURCE_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME when running "make package_source"

Eric NOULARD eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 11:05:17 EST 2008

Le Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:55:03 +0200,
"Ioan Calin Borcoman" <iborco at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to change the CPACK_SOURCE_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME when I run
> "make package_source"?

I don't know, but I decide to do it differently.

> I would like to set it to a value like foo-`date +%Y%m%d_%H%M`. Is it
> possible?

I do use a custom made UsePackageBackup.cmake macro attached to this
mail for the same need.

If you add:

INCLUDE(UsePackageBackup)

after
INCLUDE(CPack)

in your main CMakeLists.txt
then you will have new

package_source_backup

target which will create a dated source package file.

The macro use TGZ generator but you may change this easily from within
the UsePackageBackup.cmake

--
Erk