[CMake] Cpack for genrate deb package: No rule to make target preinstall

Giuseppe Calà jiveaxe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:59:10 EST 2008

Hi, I'm just new to cmake and I'm experimenting it. In particular I'm trying
to generate a deb file with cmake. For the purpose I have downloaded sqliteman
http://sqliteman.com/; this package installs with cmake so in CMakeLists.txt I
have added the following:

INCLUDE(InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)

SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_SUMMARY "Sqliteman is simple but powerfull
Sqlite3 GUI database manager.")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VENDOR "Petr Vanek <petr at scribus.info>")
SET(CPACK_GENERATOR "DEB")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_FILE "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/README")
SET(CPACK_RESOURCE_FILE_LICENSE "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/COPYING")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MAJOR "1")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MINOR "2")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_PATCH "0")
SET(CPACK_INSTALL_CMAKE_PROJECTS
"${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR};SqliteMan;ALL;/")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY "CMake ${CMake_VERSION_MAJOR}.
${CMake_VERSION_MINOR}")
SET(CPACK_STRIP_FILES "bin/sqliteman")
SET(CPACK_SOURCE_STRIP_FILES "")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES "MyExecutable" "My Executable")
INCLUDE(CPack)

I used the following sequence of commands:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..
make
cpack

But i got the following error

CPack: Create package using DEB
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Run preinstall target for: SqliteMan
CPack Error: Problem running install command: /usr/bin/make "preinstall"
Please check
/home/gius/sqliteman/sqliteman-1.2.0/build/_CPack_Packages//DEB/PreinstallOutput.log
for errors
CPack Error: Error when generating package

Probably some line in the code above is wrong; can you help me?

Thanks,
giuseppe