[CMake] cmake and wxwidgets on windows

Werner Smekal smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 4 07:24:19 EST 2008

Hi John,

> hi Werner,
>
> thanks for your help so far.
> I also googled and already tried the hint you mentioned, without
> effort.
> So I'll go for the wxwidgets mailing list.
>
> Thanks again for your help.

as Vadium wrote on the wxWidgets mailing list - try to put the
winundef.h immediately after windows.h is included (since it works in
Linux I wouldn't know where and why you included windows.h, search
your files. Here is the corresponding FAQ entry (http://www.wxwidgets.org/docs/faqmsw.htm#asuffix
):

"Why do I get errors about FooBarA when I only use FooBar in my program?
If you get errors like

no matching function for call to 'wxDC::DrawTextA(const char[5], int,
int)'

or similar ones for the other functions, i.e. the compiler error
messages mention the function with the 'A' suffix while you didn't use
it in your code, the explanation is that you had included <windows.h>
header which redefines many symbols to have such suffix (or 'W' in the
Unicode builds).

The fix is to either not include <windows.h> at all or include "wx/msw/
winundef.h" immediately after it. "

Regards,
Werner

> John

Dr. Werner Smekal
Institut fuer Allgemeine Physik
Technische Universitaet Wien
Wiedner Hauptstr 8-10
A-1040 Wien
Austria

email: smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
web: http://www.iap.tuwien.ac.at/~smekal
phone: +43-(0)1-58801-13463 (office), +43-(0)1-58801-13469 (laboratory)
fax: +43-(0)1-58801-13499