[CMake] Bundle Generator conflicts with MACOSX_BUNDLE

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 13:19:58 EST 2008

On Sunday 02 November 2008 03:29:36 Timothy M. Shead wrote:
> That's the (untested) idea - although it occurs to me that the copy
> command may try to copy the symlink target instead of the link itself.
It copies the target.

Can you please try and fix this for the next CMake release? It's pretty
irritating that the only way to use the Bundle generator with any non-system
libraries is currently by using a script.

I'd argue that you also probably don't want to mandate
CPACK_BUNDLE_STARTUP_COMMAND unless you are creating the Info.plist for
people, otherwise it's really unnecessarily limiting.

It's a bit annoying that people who want to do things the proper way (e.g.
using install_name_tool) have to jump through hoops whereas it's incredibly
easy and even recommended by you to use DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH rather than the
recommended and Apple-provided install_name_tool.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur