[CMake] Having problems getting started

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 13:20:32 EST 2008

You may want to look at the

file(GLOB variable [RELATIVE path] [globbing expressions]...)

or

   file(GLOB_RECURSE variable [RELATIVE path]
        [globbing expressions]...)

if you do a cmake --help-command file  a print out of the
documentation for that command will be listed.

Also,
   Some projects use the following as the way to get source files:

SET (MyProject_SRCS   SomeFile.cpp  SomeOtherFile.cxx  lib/
SomeLibFile.cpp )

ADD_LIBRARY(VSEngine ${MyProject_SRCS})

That will default to a static library. If you want a shared library:

ADD_LIBRARY(VSEngine SHARED ${MyProject_SRCS})

--
Mike Jackson