[CMake] Re: Re: Re: Re: FindQt4 in 2.4.8 bug

Fernando Cacciola fernando.cacciola at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:19:22 EST 2008

"Bill Hoffman" <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote
in message news:47A35EAB.7010503 at kitware.com...
> Fernando Cacciola wrote:
>
>> *you* as in *me* in any *new* script?
>>
>> Sure I can, but I found this problem in FindQt4, a standard cmake module.
>>

>The -NOTFOUND value can never end up in that variable with the current
>FindQt4.cmake.

Or if I don't had QT4 installed when I run cmake.

Here is quite possible scenario:

User downloads my library and starts configuring it (runs cmake).
He then realises that it needs Qt4 becasue of the "Qt4 not found" message,
so he goes on to install it.
Then he runs cmake again on my library.

But what happens is that "Qt4 not found" keeps appearing, so he spend half
the rest of his life figuring out why, as it is installed and correctly and
all.

Eventually he reads the part of my library's INSTALL that says that he
should delete CMakeCache.txt if installed libraries are not found when they
should.

Best

Fernando