[CMake] re-config on make all

Vandenbroucke Sander Sander.Vandenbroucke at vandewiele.com
Thu Aug 28 09:48:17 EDT 2008

> > > Vandenbroucke Sander wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Sometimes CMake re-configures my build tree when running make.
> > > Unfortunately CMake uses wrong options, I normally set those on the
> > > command line. This forces me to re-config & rebuild my entire source
> > > tree. This is a bit annoying since, in most cases, this is not
> necessary
> > > and takes a long time.
> > >
> > > So here is my question: can I prevent the automatic reconfiguration
> and
> > > throw an error/warning so the user can do a manual reconfig?
> > >

> > CMake should use the same options.  Your options should have been
> stored
> > in the cache.
> You are right, those options are not cached.
>
> But Bill's point was that they *should* be cached. So the question is: why > are your original command line -D options not saved in CMakeCache.txt...?
They are my project specific options to define a target architecture. I have not cached them my self. So to fix this 'problem' I should cache all my -D options.

> What version of CMake are you running?
> (Send output of 'which cmake' and 'cmake --version'...)
I'm still on 2.4. Upgrading is planned some time in the future.

> What is your exact original command line for running CMake?
set CC=distcc nios2-elf-gcc
set CXX=distcc nios2-elf-g++
cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" ../ -DCMAKE_SYSTEM=Generic -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER_WORKS=1 -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_WORKS=1 -DCMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCC=1 -DCMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX=1 -DTARGET=nios2

Sander.