[CMake] INSTALL(EXPORT)

Rupert Brooks rupe.brooks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 11:41:03 EDT 2008

Thanks Brad,

I will either export them as i go, or store them in a variable, and
export that list at the end.

> FYI, I am planning to construct build-tree and install-tree export rules
> for upstream VTK and ITK once we require CMake 2.6.

I guess I am impatient  ;-).  The reason that I am trying to do this
is that i use the CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX option to have my debug
libraries coexist with the non-debug libraries.  This was pretty
important for development, but lead to all kinds of unmaintainable
hackery in my project CMakeLists to deal with it.   Now that im
sharing my code, i want a clean way for the USEItk.cmake to set up the
debug vs optimized library dependencies if they exist, and do it the
old way for "out of the box" ITK, so my collaborators dont run into
problems.

I was planning to share whatever I came up with on the ITK List - i
think other people like the CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX thing too.  I'll CC
here for sure.   I just want to get it pretty solid first, as i build
on a range of different systems.

Cheers,
Rupert B.