[CMake] CMake Java configuration error on Linux, working fine on Mac and Windows.

Andy Somogyi andy.somogyi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 20:23:40 EDT 2008

Hello

I'm working on a c++ / JNI application which needs to run on Mac/Linux/
Windows.

It builds fine on Mac and Windows, however on Linux (Ubuntu 8.04,
cmake version 2.4 patch 7) I get the following error:

CMake Error: JAVA_DIR is not set.  It must be set to the directory
containing JAVAConfig.cmake in order to use JAVA.

The strange thing is that, it compiles fine on Mac using cmake version
2.4 patch 8. I searched the entire file system on the Mac for a
JAVAConfig.cmake and it is not there, but it compiles fine. On Linux
I'm using Sun JDK 6.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.