[CMake] Component group specific installation with Makefile

Yann Cointepas yann at sapetnioc.org
Thu Aug 7 11:35:08 EDT 2008

Good idea, however it will be difficult for me to quickly write the patch (I
will
probably not finish before the end of september). I have a few questions
related to this patch:

1) Targets could also be added to install CPack install types.

2) Should targets generation be an option ? If yes:
  2.1) An optional parameter (such as CREATE_INSTALL_TARGET) could be added
        to CPack macros
  2.2) Or a variable CPACK_CREATE_INSTALL_TARGETS = ON/OFF can be used.

3) Can a component, component group and install type have the same name ?
    If yes, it could be necessary to create install targets with different
prefixes
    such as install-component-*, install-group-* and install-type-*.
    As a user I do not really like to have three different prefixes, they
could be put
    in three variables to allow user customization.

4) How could I make a patch ? With a write access to cmake SVN ?

      Yann