[CMake] Symbian GCC/nmake build #4 - compiling works now

Frans.Fuerst at elektrobit.com Frans.Fuerst at elektrobit.com
Thu Aug 7 03:53:39 EDT 2008

Hi Alex,

* the ADD_DEFINITION calls in the toolchain file are required there since there are much more compiler scenarios out there, for example:

- compiling with winscw instead of gcce (for the emulator)
- compiling against another sdk (there are much more out there)

* "Symbian.cmake looks good, except the hardcoded paths."
I moved them to the toolchain file and made them configurable

btw, do you know why I get a warning with the following command:
ADD_DEFINITIONS( -D__PRODUCT_INCLUDE__=variant/symbian_os_v9.2.hrh )

the warning is:
: CMake Warning (dev) at toolchain-symbian-9.2-fp1-gcce-arm.cmake:29 (ADD_DEFINITIONS):
:   Policy CMP0005 is not set: Preprocessor definition values are now escaped
:   automatically.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0005" for policy details.  Use
:   the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
: Call Stack (most recent call first):
:   C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeDetermineSystem.cmake:69 (INCLUDE)
:   CMakeLists.txt:6 (PROJECT)
: This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

* the only thing I know about the SET(WIN32 1) call is that I ran into problems without it :)

: C:/Symbian/9.2/S60_3rd_FP1
: -- Configuring done
: CMake Internal Error (please report a bug) in Project/CMakeLists.txt:
:   implib set for platform that does not support DLL's for target:
:   PathfinderApp
:
:
: CMake Internal Error (please report a bug) in PathfinderApp/CMakeLists.txt:
:   implib set for platform that does not support DLL's for target:
:   PathfinderApp
:
:
: -- Generating done
: -- Build files have been written to: C:/projects/CMake
: NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\CMake 2.6\bin\cmake.exe"' : return code '0x1'
: Stop.

.. so I'll keep it until I know a better solution

ciao,
Frans