[CMake] CMake 2.6.1 available for download

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Aug 6 12:18:30 EDT 2008

On 2008-08-06 16:19+0200 Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> Zitat von Alberto Luaces <aluaces at udc.es>:
>> El Lunes 04 Agosto 2008ES 19:06:07 Hendrik Sattler escribió:
>>> Cmake-2.6 is not going to be in Debian Lenny, so no real time pressure
>>> on
>>> this.
>>
>> cmake 2.6 is already on lenny, see it at
>
> Hmm, bad timing then. They must have requested an exception to the freeze,
> then.
> cmake-2.4.8 would have been fine, too, though.

I am actually glad they got an exception to the freeze since cmake-2.6.x is
a vast improvement over cmake-2.4 for projects (like most of mine) that have
Fortran components.  There are probably other areas where 2.6 does much
better than 2.4, but Fortran was the key improvement from my perspective. I
have also seen no serious downsides to adopting 2.6 for all of my projects.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).