[CMake] MSVC 2005 and Intel Visual Fortran 10

Kelly (KT) Thompson kt at transpireinc.com
Sat Apr 5 01:07:14 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Maik Beckmann
<beckmann.maik at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  I use the VS with the intel 9.0 fortran compiler, but with the NMake or the
>  MinGW Makefile generator.  Building and debugging works fine when using a
>  C/C++ - Makefile project.

I can live with nmake, but I was hoping that I could use the project
files as well.  I looked for a long time on the 'net for a solution,
but ultimately I didn't find anything that worked for me.  However,
there are a couple of posts that appear to indicate that people might
be using ifort with the "Visual Studio" generators (that's where I got
the idea to use /useenv).

>  IMHO it's not worth putting work into this, because the Makefile generators
>  work fine.  At our research group we're working with
>     Most: Windows - Visual Studio Makefile Project
>     Often: Linux - Eclipse + CDT + photran - Makefile Project
>     Sometimes: Solaris - just command line
>  without notable problems.

I guess there are too many combinations to make everything work and I
understand that IVF+MSVC is a lower priority for the CMake dev/testing
team.  Maybe I'll dig into the workings of CMake one of these
weekends...

As a side note, I have also been trying to get g95 (www.g95.org) to
configure with NMake Makefiles (Visual C++ 2009 Express Edition).
CMake is able to identify and use the Fortran compiler, but it gets
the link flags wrong when creating an executable.  Do you know of
anyone using g95 with nmake?  I would assume that this configuration
might be popular since both products are free for non-commercial use.

Thanks for your time,

-kt