[CMake] CMake for C# solutions?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Tue May 22 15:45:03 EDT 2007

On 2007-05-22 12:56-0600 Joshua Jensen wrote:

> Rob Mathews wrote:
>> Anybody out there used CMake to generate C# .vcproj files?
>> That is, I've got a large C++ code base, and a few C# projects on the
>> side, and I want to use CMake for the C# projects as well.
> I'd like to know what ideas people have on this, too.  There are no
> references to .csproj files in the CMake codebase (that I picked up quickly
> with grep).  What other ways are there of pulling this off?  How hard do you
> suppose it would be to add the .csproj functionality to CMake for this?

It's pretty straightforward to add support for additional computer languages
with CMake by adding appropriate modules.  I recently did that for Ada
(although the result needs to be matured a bit before I donate it back to
CMake).

I was strongly guided in this Ada effort by the comments in
CMakeAddNewLanguage.txt which you can find at
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Modules/CMakeAddNewLanguage.txt?rev=1.1.2.1&root=CMake&view=markup

Using that file as a basis, you can pretty much follow how C++ support has
been added to CMake, and I think it would be straightforward to modify those
C++ support module files to give you C# support.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).