[CMake] cmakesetup.exe

Nikita V. Borodikhin nikita at pictures.uniqueics.com.ru
Fri May 18 03:20:50 EDT 2007

Hello, Gonzalo!

gga wrote:
> Okay, first time trying cmake under windows, porting a project from linux.

> Also, is there a way to avoid this annoying gui and just use cmake
> command-line and have it create an nmake Makefile (or, better yet, a
> normal GNU makefile using cl.exe and ld.exe as the toolchain)?

Yes, you can call cmake from command line, like this:
$ cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" <path_to_source>

I don't think using MSVC programs in GNU Makefile is a very good idea
because they (linker in paticular) are not GNU-compatible by flags and
arguments.

--
Nikita V. Borodikhin, NIKB-RIPN BNV7-RIPE
Registered Linux user #256562 with the Linux Counter