[CMake] cmake + windows mobile (visual studio, SDK)

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon May 14 13:44:56 EDT 2007

On Monday 14 May 2007 13:27, Jun Sun wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 04:57:57PM +1100, Serg nik wrote:
> > Hi,
> > The quick answer is NO (AFAIK).
> > Looks like folks from Kitware have missed (or ignore?) this part of
> > development :)
> > You can submit new feature request for that, but seems to me it will be
> > forgotten in same way as following record
> > http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=20&pos=0

This one is quite terse.
Please add some more information.

> Well, I don't quite understand what it really takes to support
> WinCE or winmobile.
>
> People have been using makefile to invoke commandline tools to build
> for WinCE/WinMobile. So I think if you get the complier path and options
> right, cmake should be able to generate a set of makefiles to build
> for WinCE/WinMobile. True?

Should, yes.
How does the toolchain for WinCE/WinMobile work ?
Do the compiler/linker/etc. have the same names and command line options as
the "normal" MSVC tools ? Can the toolchain e.g. for ARM be downloaded from
MS for free ? I heard something like that, but couldn't find it.

Bye
Alex