[CMake] Nightly ctest : Neither CVS, nor SVN

Richard Wackerbarth richard at nfsnet.org
Mon May 14 06:21:57 EDT 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 3:19 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  We have a project here, handled without CVS or SVN. I would like to
> get rid of the annoying (which is displayed on the Dart2 Update page):
>
> * Update repository:
> cvs update: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
> cvs [update aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.
>   Gathering version information (each . represents one updated file):
>    .* Get file update information: "/usr/bin/cvs" -z3 log -N
> "specified!  Please use the `-d' option"
> cvs log: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
> cvs [log aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.
>
>  I thought that doing:
>
> $ cat CTestConfig.cmake
> SET (UPDATE_TYPE "foobar")
>
>  Would be sufficient, but still CTest is trying to do a cvs update.
>
> Any suggestion ? Using ctest 2.4.5

A few thoughts:

First, if this is truly a "Nightly" build, you have some other update
method. ("foobar")
Wrap that in a shell script and supply it as the CTEST_CVS_COMMAND

or

Claim that this is an "Experimental" build rather than a "Nightly" one.

or

Trick ctest into doing a meaningless cvs (or svn) update of a dummy file