[CMake] Help converting an autotools project

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu May 10 20:01:17 EDT 2007

On 11.05.07 01:30:12, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some help converting an autotools project to cmake. I ran an
> am2cmake script (from KDE4) which created somewhat usable
> CMakeLists.txt. What it didn't do is convert the config.h.in to a
> config.h.cmake and I don't really have an idea what to do with that
> file.
>
> Looking at some kde4 stuff I tried replacing all #undef foo with
> #cmakedefine foo 1. But all that I get is commented out #undef foo 1.
>
> What do I have to do to get this to work? A pointer to a simple
> cmake using project that I can learn from is perfectly fine.

I admit I didn't use google before sending this out (I did try to find
something a week ago, but didn't find anything usable, probably bad
wording or too late in the night). Anyway I found a nice tutorial on how
this is working at:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_HowToDoPlatformChecks

That gets me going, now I just need to find somebody who will write all
the thousands of tests for the defines that are used in the
config.h.cmake files :(

Andreas

--
Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone.