[CMake] Thoughts on Cross-compiling with CMake

Trevor Kellaway tkellaway at asl-electronics.co.uk
Fri May 4 08:44:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

> It is really nice to know that there is now active
> development for supporting cross-compiling. May I also
> suggest that it be made possible to make the generators aware
> of this such that one could create a visual studio (and may
> be eclipse) project with the cross-compiler settings.

You can still create an IDE wrapper project today using my patches, but
you can't use the IDE to build with a foreign tool chain (and under VC
this won't ever be possible), only to browse/edit the files.

If you want to use say the VC IDE for editing, generate two projects,
one for native makefiles which you use to build, another for the IDE
wrapper project for browsing/editing.