[CMake] Thoughts on Cross-compiling with CMake

Kishore, Jonnalagadda (IE10) Kishore.Jonnalagadda at honeywell.com
Fri May 4 08:06:11 EDT 2007

:-)
> I'm starting to add cross compiling support to cmake right now and
will
> reuse
> the patches in the next days.
> The first step will be to let the user specify the compiler/target
> platform he
> wants to build for without the cmake automatic detection. This will
> require
> almost only changes in the script files.

It is really nice to know that there is now active development for
supporting cross-compiling. May I also suggest that it be made possible
to make the generators aware of this such that one could create a visual
studio (and may be eclipse) project with the cross-compiler settings.
This is probably not a problem for KDevelop as it is just a front end to
other command line tools.

I can contribute in testing. My setup requires me to work with several
processors and multiple compilers for each architecture.

Regards,
Kishore