[CMake] CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND

Manfred Rebentisch mrebentisch at comparat.de
Sat Mar 31 12:49:32 EST 2007

Hello,
on my Debian-Backup-Server I dont need g++ but only gcc. How can I avoid the
following error:

-- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found.
Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed
-- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND -- broken
CMake Error: The C++ compiler "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" is not able to
compile a simple test program.
It fails with the following output:

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found.
Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
-- Configuring done