[CMake] Re: FindSDL.cmake and mingw / msys

PA Galmes pagalmes.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 07:44:01 EST 2007

On 3/24/07, E. Wing <ewmailing at gmail.com> wrote:

> The SDL_LIBRARY_TEMP solution comes from something I think Bill
> suggested to me. It seemed to work cleaner than the above solutions,
> but I overlooked the fact that SDL_LIBRARY_TEMP must be set before
> SDL_LIBRARY is created. Still, all-in-all, I think this still an
> improvement over the above stuff. Maybe we need to rename the _TEMP
> part so it is more clear, or at least document this.

I agree.

The issue I see at the moment is that setting SDL_LIBRARY_TEMP is
not required by CMakeSetup. So you can finish the "configure" step
without setting SDL_LIBRARY_TEMP. But if you do so it will not compile
under Windows. So this should not happen.

So the options to me are:

- initialize SDL_LIBRARY_TEMP with the SDLMAIN_LIBRARY path (removing the
libsdlmain.a)
- create a SDL_LIBRARIES_PATH variable to be set with CMakeSetup
- create a SDL_LIBRARY to be set by the user and a SDL_LIBRARY_FLAGS
replacing the
  current SDL_LIBRARY

What do you think?
--