[CMake] No tests were found!!!

Ebner, Fritz (PAHV) Fritz.Ebner at xerox.com
Thu Mar 22 13:49:19 EST 2007

Hi.  I have ctest running on an image processing application which runs
natively on Linux x86, and also cross build (using cross compilers that
run on a 'host' for a 'target' device) from x86 and test on target
platforms.  The Target platforms are x86, PPC7448 and PPC8541 so far.  I
run the same script when testing all the target.  The ctest commands for
this are:

On Host:

Ctest -V -D ExperimentalStart

Ctest -V -D ExperimentalConfigure

Ctest -V -D ExperimentalBuild

Then I move the source and build trees to the target and in the build
dir do:

Ctest -D ExperimentalTest

Ctest -D ExperimentalSubmit

This approach works fine on x86 and 7448 targets (with posting to dart
also).

HOWEVER, on the 8541 target it doesn't find any of my tests.  If I go to
the target and do a 'ctest' in the build directory it says:

Start processing tests

Test project /blah/blah

No tests were found!!

When I do 'ctest - - debug' it appears to traverse the test tree doing
'Set test directory' and 'Add test:', but then at the end after 'Done
constructing a list of tests' it show the current time a couple of
times, then says /blah/cmCTestTestHandler.cxx:478 No tests were found!!

Can anyone shed some light on what might be going on?

One thing that might be an issue is that I have to build ctest and cmake
for each target platform, and run the cross compiled ctest on the
target.  To do this, I had to hack the bootstrap script in the cmake
source.  I've included it here for the 8541 build (and a diff from the
original).

As I said before, this approach works on a different PPC processor,
which leads me to believe my process is OK.

Thanks for any help,

Fritz Ebner