[CMake] Re: FindSDL.cmake and mingw / msys

PA Galmes pagalmes.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:52:41 EST 2007

On 3/13/07, Werner Smekal <smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> Hi Pierre,

Hi Werner,

okay, I looked at FindSDL.cmake more carefully. First I think you should
> make sure that SDL is actually found. You should have something like
> this in you cmakeLists.txt:
>
> find_package(SDL)
> if( NOT SDL_FOUND )
>    message( "Warning: SDL not found" )
> endif( NOT SDL_FOUND )
>
> or since you need it anyway for your package:
>
> find_package(SDL REQUIRED)

Ok, I already had that.

than cmake stops if SDL isn't found (actually not, since FindSDL.cmake
> misses this feature :).

yes...

Anyway, from what I see, you set the path SDLMAIN_LIBRARY, but libsdl.a
> is not found, since you don't tell it where to find it. it is much
> better to use environment variables here, e.g.
>
> set CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=c:\sdl\lib
> set CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=c:\sdl\include
> cmake ..
>
> or for msys

That works, but I think that FindSDL should ask for everything needed.
Eric, could you correct FindSDL accordingly?

Thanks to both of you to help me find the problem,