[CMake] How to "exclude" dependencies

dieter oberkofler d.1234567890 at qualiant.at
Tue Mar 20 08:55:33 EST 2007

I have finally migrated a rather large project to CMake and really like it
but still have a few open issues, that I hope to solve with your help.

Here comes the first ones:

1) Is there a way to limit the dependencies that CMake builds by for example
excluding directories and limit the level of recursion?

2) I had to make a small (non intrusive) change to the CMake source code
introducing a new "rule expansion variable" (SOURCE_BASE) needed in order to
have the compiler generating an error file for each compiled file.
SOURCE_BASE is just SOURCE without extension. What would I need to do in
order to have this addition moved into the main trunk of CMake?

Best regards
Dieter Oberkofler