[CMake] CMake and profiling...

Asmodehn Shade asmodehn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 15:20:55 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I am currently in the process of starting to profile my software.
It builds with cmake on unix, linux, and windows, more or less nicely ;)
Assuming that I only want to use g++ with gprof right now, I wonder if there was a way to do that smartly in CMake,
other than resetting the CXX_FLAGS and LINKER_FLAGS around all my CMakeLists.txt...
I got projects and subprojects, and dependencies around with some tests...

Is there already some functions handling that in CMake ?
although its not in the documentation, I wonder :
- Is there something doable about that in a multi platform way ?
- should I handle every profiler on different platform myself with some custom FindProfiler UseProfiler and so on ?
- other solutions ?

I am not aware of any profiler that can go well with cmake, but I thought I just ask, in case someone knows something about it ;)

Thanks a lot everyone ;)

Keep it on !!!

--
Asmodehn