[CMake] Re: Sharing object files among multiple executables

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Sat Mar 10 06:21:29 EST 2007

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:38:10 +0100, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Von: Braddock Gaskill <braddock at braddock.com>
>> How can I share a common object file among multiple executable targets,
>> without CMake re-compiling the common file for every target?
>
> That's a feature, not a bug. The different targets might use different
> compiler settings or flags [...]

Thanks Alexander,
The different targets _might_ use different flags, and it is nice to
have that safety.

But that is not the case here, nor in most other projects I've worked on,
which share objects among several utility apps or numerous unit test cases.

Is there a work-around short of kludging a little one or two object file
library?

Thanks,
Braddock Gaskill
Dockside Vision Inc