[CMake] cpack problem: only a few files are included in tgz

Pierre Chifflier chifflier at cpe.fr
Thu Mar 8 03:38:13 EST 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 06:05:57PM +0100, Eric Noulard wrote:
> You should not specify CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX in your INSTALL
> command destination:
>
> from your http://www.wzdftpd.net/trac/browser/trunk/CMakeLists.txt
>
> INSTALL(FILES ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/wzdftpd.pc
>              DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/pkgconfig)
>
> should be:
>
> NSTALL(FILES ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/wzdftpd.pc
>             DESTINATION lib/pkgconfig)
>
> As stated in the documentation: (try cmake --help-command INSTALL)
> >>>>
> DESTINATION arguments specify the
>       directory on disk to which a file will be installed.  If a full path
>       (with a leading slash or drive letter) is given it is used directly.
>       If a relative path is given it is interpreted relative to the value of
>       CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

Ok, I can confirm this is the problem. However, I'm still considering
this as a CPack bug, since files are correctly installed with cmake,
but not packaged ..

As I have seen, there seems to be a solution:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2007-January/012538.html

However, I don't know if it has been merged in cmake.

Now, I'm wondering on what's better: should I rewrite my installation
paths so they are all relative, or will a fix be integrated ?

> By the way could you tell us the version of CMake you are using?

That may be a part of the problem, I'm using the version from debian
unstable, that is cmake version 2.4-patch 5, while the latest is 2.4.6
on the website.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Pierre