[CMake] cpack problem: only a few files are included in tgz

Pierre Chifflier chifflier at cpe.fr
Wed Mar 7 10:13:27 EST 2007

Thanks for your reply (comments in the following lines of the mail).
Is there a reason you replied off-list ?

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 03:53:29PM +0100, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2007/3/7, Pierre Chifflier <chifflier at cpe.fr>:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have an application using cmake to configure, build & install. I'd
> >like to use cpack to create packages, so I followed
> >http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Packaging_With_CPack
> >
> >I added "include(CPack)" in top-level CMakeLists.txt file, ran cmake
> >and then tried to create the package using cpack -G TGZ
>
> If you use Makefile generator you may call
>
> make package
> or
> make package_source
> as well.

Yes, but that does not changes anything

> >Problem is: only a small numbers of the files are included, and it
> >seems I can't get the logic of the inclusion or not.
>
> The file included in "package" are the one which are INSTALLed
> with the INSTALL command.

Yes, what I want to include in the dist package is exactly what is in
the INSTALL directives of CMake

> >For ex, the .so files are not included, as well as the .h files, etc.
> >Files are present in the directory after running make install, and
> >it seems cpack does not log anything useful ..
>
> It has been reported some problem with CPack if you
> use "absolute" filename in your INSTALL command.

Tried with absolute or relative CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX value, but no
change :/  (By the way, running cmake always convert the path to
absolute in the cache).

> You may search the Mailing List archive for a discussion on the subject.

Yes, already done that. It does not help for now :/

Regards,
Pierre