[CMake] Creating some kind of release target

Ch.Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Mar 2 07:45:08 EST 2007

Von: Thomas Klausner <tk at giga.or.at>
<snip>

> I'm also interested in source packages, similar to 'make dist' in
> auomake.  To make a useful source package only including what I
> wanted to distribute, I had to make a long CPACK_SOURCE_IGNORE_FILES
> list:
> SET(CPACK_SOURCE_IGNORE_FILES
>   ".a$"
>   ".cmake$"
>   ".o$"
>   ".so$"
>   "/.deps/"
>   "/CMakeFiles/"
>   "/CVS/"
>   "/autom4te.cache/"
>   "/docs/"
>   "AdditionalInfo.txt$"
>   "CMakeCache.txt$"
>   "Makefile$"
>   "\\\\.sh$"
>   "_CPack_"
>   "config.h$"
>   "config.log$"
>   "config.status$"
>   "myprogram$"
>   "anotherprogramofmine$"
>   "html$"
>   "install_manifest.txt$"
>   "stamp-h1$"
>   "tar.bz2"
>   "tar.gz"
>   "~$"
> )
>
> I find it annoying that any random file that's added to this
> directory is added to the distfile, in particular even the files
> created by CMake/CPack themselves.
>
> Is there a way to specify exactly which files to include in a source
> package, instead of specifying what to ignore?

Use out-of source build - there is no other way because the buildsystem does not know what files are created during the build.

Is this question "Why does cmake not provide 'make clean'", which points to exactly the same problem, in the FAQ? If not, maybe someone should add it.

Christian
Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/promail-out