[CMake] Re: escaping!

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 15:28:14 EST 2007

On Dec 25, 2007 10:18 AM, Andrew Roark <andrewjroark at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 23, 2007 2:50 PM, Andrew Roark  wrote:
>
> > What's a major project
> > in SCons or some other build system that would be really clunky to do
> > in CMake?
>
> I think the point the other poster in this thread and the posters in the Lua discussions are making is that CMake is a good meta build system, not clunky as you hint at, but that the _CMake script language_ is clunky and less powerful than a real language.

Clunky, fine.  "Less powerful" with respect to build systems, has yet
to be proven.  Until someone proves it, with a concrete example,
Kitware will never be convinced that any "better" language is needed.
So I'm saying, quit talking about how Lua or some other language is
supposed to be better, and find something that proves it would be
better.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every