[CMake] Coverage without bullseye?

Salvatore Iovene salvatore.iovene+cmake at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 19 02:56:38 EST 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 4:09 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> Salvatore Iovene wrote:
> > Hi,
> > from http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CTest:Coverage I seem
> > to understand that coverage can be analyzed in the dart
> > dashboard only by purchasing Bullseye. Is that true?
> > If not, how to submit coverage analysis to the dashboard?
> >

> Uhhh...
>
> How about the first paragraph of that wiki page:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CTest:Coverage#Coverage_With_C.2B.2B
>
> Currently, you can do coverage with gcc gcov or bullseye (in CVS CMake
> only).
>
> See the Coverage section here for examples:
> http://public.kitware.com/dashboard.php?name=cmake
>
> Here is a ctest script used to do gcc coverage:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Testing/Sites/dash17.kitware/Linux-g++4.0/20071218-0100-Nightly/Notes.html

Thanks, I'll try that. In the meantime I have another related question:
some of my test are actually wrapped inside a python script. The python
script will be run from ctest (as I added it with ADD_TEST) and it will
spawn an executable built by cmake with the compiler options for
coverage. Will the coverage report work in this case?

Thanks!

--
Salvatore Iovene
http://www.iovene.com/