[CMake] CPack install directory

Raphael Cotty raphael.cotty at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:02:15 EST 2007

Hi,
After looking at the source code I found in CPack/cmCPackDebGenerator.cxx
that if CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX is not set then it is set to "/usr".
Then the data.tar.gz is creating from directory usr.
First this code will give an understandable error if the user sets
CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX to something else than "/usr".
Secondly this doesn't allow the debian package to install files anywhere.

This insertion of a usr directory is done I suppose to allow the tar command
not to add the control, debian-binary, and itself.
One way to get ride of this is to remove the "usr" insertion, do the tar
first like this: (tar cfz ../data.tar.gz .), copy it to the current
directory, remove it from the previous location. Then do the rest of the
work like before.
This of course can be optimised.

This way actually works for me. Is there any other reason to do the
insertion of the usr directory?

Raphael