[CMake] Re: Parsing cmake command line parameters

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Dec 18 12:48:49 EST 2007

Brandon Van Every wrote:

> Exactly.  "Anything could happen" is a lot of fretting about nothing.

I am thinking a separate file would be the best approach for this.
Something like CMakeOptions.cmake, it gets read in and adds command line
options to cmake.  It can include other options files from inside the
project.   This idea of a "pass" on the cmakefiles is going to be very
hard technically.  We can push the work to the developer of the
cmakelist files.  When you create a project, you can put the options
that you want into a separate file(s).

-Bill