[CMake] Re: premake build system

Rodolfo Schulz de Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Mon Dec 17 11:58:46 EST 2007

Gonzalo Garramuño escreveu:

> I honestly don't think it will take 10 more years for a tool to match
> the benefits of cmake with a better syntax.  As I have said before, I
> think it is only 3 or so years away from happening.

What bugs me is the fact that cmake achieves like 90% of build system
features that I'd consider important to have. Better scripting and
autotools's configure parameters (--enable-debug, --without-something)
is what I miss the most.

So, apart of forking, a build system that wants to be better than cmake
should reimplement 90% of cmake's features, just to add those 10% missing?

Regards,
rod