[CMake] Compilation speed with CMake/NMake combination, making it faster?

Torsten Martinsen tma at gatehouse.dk
Tue Dec 11 04:07:34 EST 2007

> *         We're using an NMake build tree, is NMake particularly
> slow?  Do any of the other makes work more efficiently?

Be aware that nmake builds are much slower than using devenv, as nmake starts a cl.exe process for every single file,
whereas devenv calls cl.exe with several source files. This costs, due to the high process overhead on Windows.

-Torsten

This e-mail and any files sent with it contain information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the GateHouse Group. This information is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use the message or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete all copies of this message. In accordance with GateHouse Security Policy, e-mails sent or received may be monitored.