[CMake] Re: [Insight-users] question about "clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete"

Jesper Eskilson jesper at eskilson.se
Mon Dec 10 16:42:36 EST 2007

Karthik Krishnan wrote:
> Your system time is probably incorrect. One possible reason is that the
> timestamp of the files that make is compiling is newer than the current
> time.

If the local time is correct and no network filesystems are involved,
then I would guess that there is a file somewhere with a modification
time in the future, but GNU make will notify the user if that is the case:

 $ make
 cc  foo.c -o foo
 $ touch --date=tomorrow foo.c
 $ make
 make: Warning: File `foo.c' has modification time 8.6e+04 s in the future
 cc  foo.c -o foo
 make: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

WangPing, can you reproduce this with a trivial makefile?

Makefile:
foo: foo.c

foo.c:
int main() { return 0; }

This does not sound CMake-related to me.

--
/Jesper