[CMake] question about "clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete"

Jesper Eskilson jesper at eskilson.se
Mon Dec 10 16:29:31 EST 2007

WangPing wrote:
> The date /time on my local workstation is correct, probably due to NFS
> system,

Do you mean NTP? NFS does not keep your local computer time correct.

> the work directory is a NFS folder on other server, maybe the
> date/time on this server is incorrect? I can check it later.

NFS is probably the *primary* cause of clock skew, and GNU make can be
pretty picky about how close the clocks need to be. (Note that a local
clock which is out-of-date won't cause clock skew in itself, since
everything will be out-of-date by the same amount.)

Also note that if the build succeeds, you probably have nothing to worry
about. (Unless you're hacking in the code yourself, then make may have
failed to rebuild any out-of-date files.)

--
/Jesper