[CMake] cmake Visual Studio 8 2005 generator and fortran(ifort)

Alin M Elena alin.elena at qub.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 03:25:00 EST 2007

I am using the Visual Studio 8 2005 generator with cmake and intel fortran
compiler.

I load the solution in Visual studio and when I compile I get the following
error

Building Fortran object test.obj

C:\Users\Alin M Elena\testFortran\test.f90(2) : Error: Error in opening the
compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [M_CONSTANTS]

use m_constants

----^

C:\Users\Alin M Elena\testFortran\test.f90(4) : Error: This name does not
have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [ONE]

print *,one

--------^

compilation aborted for C:\Users\Alin M Elena\testFortran\test.f90 (code 1)

Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building
Fortran object test.obj"

The project compiles without any problems when I use the nmake Makefile
generator.

The files for the project are here

http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2007-December/018204.html

Alin

"...if the universities will not study useless subjects, who will?"

                           G. F. Fitzgerald, Nature, 45/46, 392 (1892)

Mr. Alin M. ELENA

Atomistic Simulation Centre

School of Mathematics and Physics

Queen's University Belfast