[CMake] CMakeifying Boost

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Feb 16 12:15:45 EST 2006

I know the subject has come up a couple of times... I'm fed up with
having to install boost on every system I have to compiled something on.
I'd like to have a Boost utility dir in my source which will build
itself along with all the other cmake controlled projects. (Preferably
broken into Boost::lib1, Boost::lib2 etc etc modules)

I've used boost a lot, but never spent much time looking at the
configuration or build. Has anyone given much though to how hard it'd be
to CMakeify Boost?
(And even if the boost maintainers aren't interested in using CMake, we
could put together a distro once every few months with a latest release...)

Anyone got any views?

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch