[CMake] MSYS generator not searching correct paths for GCC

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Wed Feb 15 21:31:00 EST 2006

At 05:23 PM 2/15/2006, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>I'm using CMake CVS.  My MinGW compiler is installed on E:\Dev-Cpp.  My E:\msys\1.0\etc\fstab has the following entries:
>
>e:/mingw /mingw
>e:/mingw /mingw
>e:/Dev-Cpp /mingw
>
>I ran cmakesetup from a MSYS shell and selected "MSYS Makefiles."  I was very surprised to see it locating a a MinGW installation on C:\MinGW.
>I'd forgotten I had that, and it shouldn't be there, it's cruft from an old OS installation.  It shows, however, that the MSYS generator isn't paying attention to MSYS environmental settings.  It's just searching drives and identifying the first thing that looks good.

Your right, this is bug, can you try a cvs update, and see if it works better now?
I have changed it to look in the PATH, and then a few better places than before, like
the registry entries left by the installers.  But it should get the and make that are
in the path of the environment you run it in.  If it does not find it that way, it will
look in the registry.

Anyway, give it a try and let me know.

-Bill

-Bill