[CMake] Re: CMake CVS make install is broken

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 02:13:01 EST 2006

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> I've compiled CMake 2.3-20060213 from CVS sources using MinGW and
> MSYS.  ./bootstrap and make work fine.  No build errors, and I seem to
> have everything.  When I do "make install," nothing is installed.  At
> first I thought it was that intermediate paths like /usr/local didn't
> exist, but I created those by hand, and "make install" still doesn't
> do anything.  The installation manifest is created, and
> cmake_install.cmake looks correct, there's just no actual installation
> work performed.

The problem is specific to ./bootstrap.  When building under MSYS from
CMakeLists.txt, "make install" works fine.  Didn't I report a mkdir bug
a couple months back, that it wasn't forcing the creation of
intermediate paths?  Maybe it got fixed when doing "normal" stuff, but
not in ./bootstrap.  Although, another difference is I installed to
C:\Program Files\CMakeCVS, not to a MSYS /usr/local/ path.  Actually I'm
not exactly sure why it installed to /usr/local during the ./bootstrap.
I didn't ask it to.  Again, a few months back we were debating what the
default path prefix should be under MSYS, and we settled on C:\Program
Files\.  So again, maybe bugfixes are not making it into ./bootstrap.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every