[CMake] Impossible to order the linker search path....

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Feb 6 16:41:23 EST 2006

At 01:47 PM 2/2/2006, Filipe Sousa wrote:

>That's what I get when I link with X11_LIBRARIES:
>
>It is impossible to order the linker search path in such a way that
>libraries specified as full paths will be picked by the linker.
>Directories and libraries involved are:
>Directory: /usr/X11R6/lib contains:
>Library: /usr/lib/libfreetype.so
>
>Directory: /usr/lib contains:
>Library: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
>Library: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so
>
>fsousa at neptuno ~ $ readlink -f /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
>/usr/lib/libX11.so.6.2
>fsousa at neptuno ~ $ readlink -f /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so
>/usr/lib/libXext.so.6.4
>
>Any ideas to clean up this warnings?
If you change the cache value for libfreetype to
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.so it should fix the problem.
The problem is there is no correct order of -L options that will
give you the library that you have told cmake to use.  This is because
the library exists in both directories so there is no correct order.

-Bill