[cmake-developers] Compiling static/stand-alone CMake.exe

Kyle Edwards kyle.edwards at kitware.com
Thu Jan 24 12:30:20 EST 2019

On Thu, 2019-01-24 at 09:23 -0800, Venedict Tchistopolskii wrote:
> I was building it via VStudio and generating the solution via CMake,
> is that wrong?
Nope! You're building it just fine. The only problem is in the
installation - you were installing cmake.exe without all of the
external files it needs. Running cmake --build . --target install will
take care of this for you.
> I need cmake-gui.exe to be built too, would that work with this install path setting?
Yes. You just need to make sure BUILD_QtDialog is turned ON:
cmake C:/Path/To/CMake/Source
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:/Path/To/Where/I/Want/To/Install
-DBUILD_QtDialog=ON
Keep in mind that you will need a Qt installation to build cmake-gui.
Kyle