[cmake-developers] cmake on AIX

REIX, Tony tony.reix at atos.net
Tue Jun 12 03:38:45 EDT 2018

Hi Brad,

GCC : 6.1 and 7.2 on your side, and 6.3.0 on our side. That should be ok.
Did you build GCC on AIX by yourself or did you take it on some repository, like BullFreeware?

Did you use cmake built on AIX for building a project with it? cmake tests are 98% OK here though that does not work with mariaDB.

Thanks for the idea with static C++ runtime library ! We'll experiment with it asap.

Would you mind run the commands:
   dump -Hv cmake
   ldd cmake
on the cmake command that you build, so that we can see which LIBPATH is set into the executable.

Or, is there a way to get the traces of the build of cmake?
Did you build it by hand or with a script or a .spec file or anything that we could look at?

Looking at your build farm: https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=CMake&date=2018-06-12 , I see no AIX machine.

Cordialement,

Tony Reix

ATOS / Bull SAS
ATOS Expert
IBM Coop Architect & Technical Leader
Office : +33 (0) 4 76 29 72 67
1 rue de Provence - 38432 Échirolles - France
www.atos.net